- Augustin is the racing stable of George Strawbridge Jr. of Chester County, Pa.
- Strawbridge owns a 700-plus acre farm named for a church near Chesapeake, Md.
- He is the director of Campbell Soup Company.
- He is president of the National Steeplechase Association and is also a member of The Jockey Club.
- Homebred Angel Terrance named 3-year-old filly champion of 2012 by Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association
- He won Gulfstream’s 2011 Herecomesthebride with Dynamic Holiday, who also won the Tropical Park Oaks and Florida Oaks.
- He’s the all-time leading money-winning steeplechase owner in America with earnings of more than $3 million, with flat runners winning many top races in Europe, including the 1991 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes with Selkirk and 2007 St. Leger with Lucarno.
- He received a Ph.D. in Latin American History and Political Science at the University of Pennsylvania. • He’s the former adjunct professor of Latin American History at Widener College.
- His father founded the Philadelphia Stock Exchange The best horses bred/owned by Augustin: 2008 Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf winner Forever Together, 1994 Breeders’ Cup Turf champion Tikkanen; Eclipse Award winner Waya; With Anticipation, European champions Selkirk, Silver Fling, Ristna, Treizieme and Turgeon, 2007 English St. Leger winner Lucarno as well as Hall of Fame steeplechaser and champion Cafe Prince and Rainbows View, winner of the 2008 Fillies Mile at Ascot. He an avid hockey fan who formerly held an interest in the Buffalo Sabres, hence the names of his horses Tikkanen (for Esa Tikkanen) and Turgeon (for Pierre Turgeon).