- Besilu is the presenting sponsor of the Florida Derby
- Two-time champion Royal Delta kicked off her 2013 campaign at Gulfstream with a victory in the Sabin Stakes (G3)
- Leon has enjoyed success in the health care and real estate industries.
- He was inducted into the National Softball Hall of Fame in 1988.
- Upon his retirement from softball in 1981, he turned to breeding champion Paso Fino show horses.
- He began the transition to Thoroughbreds when he bought his first Thoroughbred in 2007.
- He owns a 647-acre farm in Marion Country, Fla., where he plans to operate a boutique breeding business.
- Leon made a big splash in the Thoroughbred world in November 2011 when he bought Royal Delta, the Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic winner and the 2011 Eclipse Award-winning 3-year-old filly, for $8.5 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. Royal Delta carried Besilu’s colors to victory in the 2012 Ladies’ Classic at Santa Anita, as well as the Fleur de Lis (G2), the Delaware Handicap (G2) and the Beldame (G1).