- He was U.S. ambassador to Finland from 2004-2005.
- He is on the board on several arts organizations, including the New York City Ballet and the Dance Theatre of Harlem. He also produced films “Hard Choices” and “She Dances Alone.”
- He has been reappointed to the New York Racing Association’s Board of Directors.
- He graduated from Drexel University and attended Fordham Law.
- He owned 1993 Canadian Triple Crown winner Peteski.
- He campaigned Group1-winner Electrocutionist before selling him to Godolphin. The horse went on to win the 2005 Dubai World Cup.
- He also owned Mr. Light, a world record holder at a mile on turf who was perfect in four starts at Gulfstream, including the 2005 Appleton Handicap (G3).
- Other stakes performers include November Snow, 1992 Test and Alabama winner, and Icabad Crane, third in the 2008 Preakness Stakes behind Big Brown.
- The inaugural Earle Mack Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Champion Award was given to Frank Stronach in 2011 for his efforts regarding racehorse retirement.