Gary and Mary West
- Gary West is a former hospital administrator who founded one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world.
- The Wests now have a wide range of business interests and have established the Gary and Mary West Foundation, a philanthropic organization.
- And offshoot of that foundation is the West Health Care Fund, in which they’ve dedicated $100 million in a quest to address rising health costs.
- The Wests campaigned Rockamundo, who captured the 1993 Arkansas Derby (G1) at 108-1 before finishing 17th in the Kentucky Derby.
- The Wests’ Dollar Bill, ran in all three 2001 Triple Crown events, producing two fourth-place finishes before checking in third in the Belmont Stakes.
- They also owned Buddha, the 2002 Wood Memorial (G1) winner who was scratched two days before the Derby.
- The Wests’ Corporate Jungle followed up an allowance victory with a triumph in the Appleton Stakes (G3) during the 2011-12 Gulfstream meeting.