- He founded Oxley Petroleum, a Tulsa oil and gas exploration company that he sold in 2003, and most recently founded Oxley Resources, LLC.
- He and wife Debby have experienced the biggest thrill in racing while visiting the winner’s circle with 2001 Kentucky Derby (G1) winner Monarchos, who had previously captured the Florida Derby (G1) at Gulfstream.
- Oxley also campaigned champion Beautiful Pleasure, a multiple Grade 1-winner who captured the Breeders’ Cup Distaff in 1999 at Gulfstream Park.
- Oxley enjoyed a solid 2012 racing season, including a stakes victory by Delightful Mary in the Ocala at Gulfstream. Other stakes winners included Prospective, the Tampa Bay Derby (G3) and Ohio Derby (G3) winner; Steelcase, the Ontario Derby (G3) victor; Dixie Strike, who beat the boys in the Prince of Wales (G1), the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown; Spring In the Air, who captured the Alcibiades (G1) at Keeneland; and 2-year-old prospect Uncaptured.
- Oxley’s first major win came in the 1995 Kentucky Oaks (G1) with Gal In a Ruckus.
- He is the former chairman of the U.S. Polo Association and was inducted into the Polo Hall of Fame alongside his father John T.