- He graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor’s degree in business and owned and operated his family’s business, Cherrydale Farms, a candy and chocolate manufacturer based in Pennsburg, Pa.
- He expanded the business to include items such as gift-wrapping and greeting cards before selling in 1994. He and his family later reacquired the company. He owned Standardbreds in the 1960s and 1970 before getting out of racing to focus on business. He became involved in Thoroughbred racing in 1994 after moving to Florida.
- He started out with claiming horses, but he found graded success with Pickapocket, Fantasy Angel, Hurrahy, A Little Gem and Silver Squire.
- He won major 3-year-old stakes at Gulfstream in 2004 with Wynn Dot Comma, who captured Grade 3 victories in the Spectacular Bid and the Swale.
- He campaigned Pampered Princess, a multiple stakes winner who captured the 2005 Spinster (G1) at Keeneland with Pampered Princess.