- He grew up in England, moving to the U.S. at age 16.
- He and his wife Anne operated a breeding farm in Ocala, Fla., before concentrating on their 275-acre farm in Lexington that adjoins Three Chimneys Farm.
- He led a movement to bring more transparency and consumer controls to horse auctions and sales.
- Padua campaigned three Breeders’ Cup winners: 1999 Juvenile Fillies winner Cash Run, 2002 Juvenile winner and 2-year-old champion Vindication, and 2003 Sprint winner Cajun Beat.
- Padua owned a share of Curlin through his Horse of the Year campaign in 2007 before selling out. • Other top Padua horses include Yes It’s True, a Grade 1 stakes winner, and Exchange Rate.