Pinnacle Racing Stables
- Lazarus, an account executive at an office solutions company in Miramar, Fla., is a native New Yorker who graduated with a communications degree from Appalachian State.
- After college, which he attended on a baseball scholarship, he moved to South Florida and became a racing fan, who, in turn, became interested in ownership.
- Assisted by trainer Bill Kaplan, Lazarus started Pinnacle with a primary focus on buying Florida-bred, 2-year-old fillies in training, with a price tag of $35,000 or less.
- By far, Pinnacle’s most prized purchase has been Musical Romance, the winner of the $1 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Churchill Downs in 2011. Kaplan bid $22,000 at the 2009 Ocala April sale and retained a 50-percent ownership in the daughter of Concorde’s Tune, leaving the other 50-percent to be syndicated by Pinnacle.
- Musical Romance, who captured the Inside Information (G2) at Gulfstream Park during the 2011-12 meeting, was sold at auction for $1.6 million following her unsuccessful Breeders’ Cup defense.
- Pinnacle also scored a graded-stakes victory in 2012 with Another Romance (no relation of Musical Romance), who captured the Azalea (G3) at Calder.