Friday’s Stronach 5
Apr 11, 2019
One Hour, Five Races, Four Tracks, $100,000 Guaranteed Pool
Free Past Performances
– Friday’s Stronach 5, with an industry-low 12-percent takeout and a $100,000 guaranteed pool, will include two turf races from Gulfstream Park and a maiden special weight event from Santa Anita Park for 3-year-old fillies.
The Stronach 5 begins at 5:16 p.m. with maiden fillies and mares going six furlongs at Laurel Park. After an allowance optional claimer for 3-year-olds and up at five furlongs on the turf at Gulfstream, the Stronach 5 heads to Golden Gate Fields for 3-year-old maiden fillies going six furlongs. After heading back to Gulfstream for 3-year-old maiden fillies going 7 ½ furlongs on the turf, the sequence wraps up at Santa Anita with a field of 11 3-year-old maiden fillies.
Stronach 5 Past Performances: Click here to view
Friday’s Stronach 5 sequence
● Leg One – Laurel Park 9th Race – (nine entries, 6 furlongs) 5:16 ET, 2:16 PT
● Leg Two - Gulfstream Park 9th Race – (10 entries, 5 furlongs turf) 5:34 ET, 2:34 PT
● Leg Three – Golden Gate Fields 5th Race – (11 entries, 6 furlongs) 5:56 ET, 2:56 PT
● Leg Four – Gulfstream Park 10th Race – ( 11 entries, 7 ½ furlongs turf) 6:04 ET, 3:04 PT
● Leg Five – Santa Anita Park 5th Race – (11 entries, 6 furlongs) 6:13 ET, 3:13 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.