Friday’s Stronach 5 Returns over 2K
Apr 12, 2019
– There were 76 winners in Friday’s Stronach 5, each receiving $2,228.60.
The Stronach 5, featuring a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout, began with True to Jeanine ($3.40) winning the ninth race at Laurel, giving jockey Trevor McCarthy his fifth win of the afternoon. The final leg, Santa Anita’s fifth race, was won by the 6-1 shot Ce Ce, a 3-year-old Elusive Quality filly making her debut for trainer Michael McCarthy. The longest shot in the sequence was Donveras Cat, who won the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields and returned $14.60.
Friday’s Stronach 5 sequence
● Leg One – Laurel Park 9th Race – True to Jeanine $3.40
● Leg Two – Gulfstream Park 9th Race – Pure Sensation $5.80
● Leg Three – Golden Gate Fields 5th Race – Donveras Cat $14.60
● Leg Four – Gulfstream Park 10th Race – Princess Gaby $6
● Leg Five – Santa Anita Park 5th Race – Ce Ce $14.40
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.