One Winner Takes Home 131.9k in Friday’s Stronach 5
Jul 5, 2019
– There was one winning ticket in Friday’s Stronach 5, and that ticket was worth a whopping $131,942.80.
The Stronach 5 began and ended with favorites, but the three races between brought big payoffs.
Friday’s sequence started with favored Gunslinger winning the eighth race at Laurel Park. Longshots then lit up the sequence with Boom Boom Gone ($23.40) winning Laurel’s ninth, Farley ($18) winning Gulfstream’s seventh, and South Pass ($115.20) winning Gulfstream’s eighth. The final leg went to even-money favorite Peace Speaker ($4.20).
Friday’s Stronach 5 sequence
● Leg One – Laurel Park 8th Race – Gunslinger $5.20
● Leg Two –Laurel Park 9th Race – Boom Boom Gone $23.40
● Leg Three –Gulfstream Park 7th Race– Farley $18
● Leg Four – Gulfstream Park 8h Race – South Pass $115.20
● Leg Five –Gulfstream 9th Race – Peace Speaker $4.20
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
For the Stronach 5, if a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.