Gulfstream Looking Forward To December 3
That’s the date to remember.
For the first time in its celebrated history, Gulfstream Park will begin its race meet in December. With only five months remaining until racing begins – and only four months before the stable area opens and horses arrive – plans are well underway for another record-setting meet.
With championship racing, Hall of Fame trainers and jockeys, unique, new wagers, gourmet dining, Saturday morning stable tours and breakfast and handicapping seminars, it really is all here at Gulfstream Park.
Gulfstream and its satellite training facility Palm Meadows remain the winter home of thoroughbred champions as well as the most successful route to the Triple Crown. Consider:
• Five of the last six Kentucky Derby winners have wintered at Palm Meadows, including this year’s champ Animal Kingdom.
• Three of the first four finishers in the Kentucky Derby raced at Gulfstream, including winner Animal Kingdom.
• Three of the first four finishers in the Preakness raced at Gulfstream, including winner Shackleford.
• Six of the first seven finishers in the Belmont Stakes raced at Gulfstream or trained at Palm Meadows, including winner Ruler On Ice.
• More than 60 horses have won stakes races this spring since leaving Gulfstream or Palm Meadows including Animal Kingdom, Shackleford, Awesome Marie, Get Stormy, Pool Play, Brilliant Speed, It’s Tricky, Tizway, C.S. Silk, Hibaayeb, Giants Winter Memories, Doubles Partner, Aikenite, Hilda’s Passion, Derby Kitten, Keertana, Musketier, Never Retreat, and the list goes on.
“We are looking forward with great anticipation to our December 3 opening,” said Gulfstream’s Vice President Timothy Ritvo. “Gulfstream has a history of being the home to the finest horses and horsemen in the world, and we’ve also been an innovator in customer service. In the weeks and months ahead we’ll unveil our stakes schedule, new wagers and a few other surprises.”
Stay tuned to GulfstreamPark.com for all the news about our upcoming meet – beginning December 3.