Four on the Turf in Friday Stronach 5
Oct 3, 2019
Races from Laurel, Gulfstream and Santa Anita
$100,000 Guaranteed Pool
– The Stronach 5, which continues to offer a strong return on investment, will feature four turf races Friday as well as a $100,000 guaranteed pool and industry-low 12-percent takeout.
The Stronach 5 will feature Laurel Park, Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park with four of the five races contested on the turf. The sequence kicks off at 4:33 p.m. with maiden fillies and mares going a mile on Laurel’s world-class turf course.
Last week’s Stronach 5 returned $10,902.10 with four of the five winners returning under $10. The Sept. 13 wager returned $3,977 with four winners under $10 and the biggest price $12.20.
Friday’s races and sequence
- Leg One – Laurel Park 7th Race: (14 entries, 1 mile turf) 4:33 ET, 1:33 PT
- Leg Two –Gulfstream Park 8th Race: (10 entries, 1 mile turf) 4:43 ET, 1:43 PT
- Leg Three –Laurel Park 8th Race: (12 entries, 5 ½ furlongs) 5:15 ET, 2:15 PT
- Leg Four –Santa Anita Park 4th Race: (7 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 5:40 ET, 2:40 PT
- Leg Five –Laurel Park 9th Race: (11 entries, 5 ½ furlongs turf) 5:50 ET, 2:50 PT
The minimum wager on the multi-race, multi-track Stronach 5 is $1. If there are no tickets with five winners, the entire pool will be carried over to the next Friday.
If a change in racing surface is made after the wagering closes, each selection on any ticket will be considered a winning selection. If a betting interest is scratched, that selection will be substituted with the favorite in the win pool when wagering closes.
The Maryland Jockey Club serves as host of the Stronach 5.